Today I was late for Barre class so I decided to do my own style of workout and conditioned hard. I warmed up by jogging and finishing off with a run for 15 minutes. Then I went back and forth weight machines with 5 minute running breaks at the treadmill. I repeated this 5 times. Wow, the endorphins were pumping nicely and I felt so great.
When I got home I fed the boys a quick lunch then sent the younger two to their naps while I enjoyed a lovely bath of Epsom salts and lavender oil. Ahhhhhh! Then the day continued with its regular routine. It took two hours to cook up a simple meal of stir fried beef with vegetables and rice because the boys needed a lot of attention. Now those little rascals are in bed early to make up for the long night last night.
Now I am so tired and feel the soreness creeping into my abs but I am so proud of myself. My meals were a mixed bag of good and not so good. I really need to cut back on the carbs but figure that since I spent much time running today the carbs really weren't a bad choice.
Weight tends to fluctuate normally for all people. I think that looking at my average over the past week, I'm down a pound.
I am looking forward to being coached. I really know what I should be doing but having a couch should really help me stick to my guns. It's one thing to make up your mind and do something but having someone there to call you on your excuses and encourage you is another.
After considering my goals some more, here is what I want to achieve for this year:
~ Eat much more produce on a regular basis. It's hard to say this but an 80/20 diet should be good for me. 80% produce and 20% everything else.
~ Lower my cholesterol to normal and perhaps from normal to some super human level of excellent. Really, I'll go with normal.
~ Become more "regular." Yes, I have problems in that department and suspect a large number of the population does too. My problem is mechanical. I have extra bends in my small intestine and my gastroenterologist commended the 80/20 diet.
~To have bi-annual detox cleanses in Winter and Summer.
~ To lower my body fat.
~ To run at least a 5K. I can do this, I know, but it's the actual doing part that I want to achieve.
~ To get more rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment