Sunday, December 29, 2013

365 Days of Journaling: An Introduction and A Place to Start

365 Days of Journaling: An Introduction and A Place to Start

Let me introduce myself. I am a stay-at-home mom of three small boys and an artist on sabbatical. As a new mom of one little boy, I was able to juggle home and work by working from home. Then three years later came the twins. It hasn't been quite two years after the twins were born and I keep thinking of ways to explore my interests and creativity. What is the one thing every artist should do? Keep a journal. In fact, anyone looking to explore and reach for specific goals should be encouraged to journal. So here I am, devoting myself to one year of, every single day, journaling. 

I am not sure how my journaling will evolve but I will hit upon my favorite topics like health, nutrition, fitness, kids, and art. Since we are nearing the new year, I will start with the topic of nutrition. I am not one to devote myself to new year resolutions because I have a habit of being in a constant state of reflection. However, my gut is telling me all of the pizzas, burgers, chips, cream cheese, and cookies are not doing me any favors. My bum is a bit more dimply than usual and my muscle tone is lacking tone. It's time to clean up and begin clean eating and visiting the gym. Love it? I know, everyone wants to lose weight and have a hot body. I think it's easy to assume that's where I am going with this. I am.Yet, there is more to it than that for me. 

So to start, I'm going to put all my health, nutrition, and fitness ideas out there. I am going to create personal goals and keep a daily journal of those goals.

Starting tomorrow... I have one more day of gluttony and don't think I won't be eating cookies until then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment